Monday, September 12, 2011

Mom of son with developmental delays gets inspiration from......................Fernado Ortega

If I ever get this published as a song, I would have to get permission from Fernando Ortega and it would have to have that so so mellow feel and that touch of humor that is so uniquely Fernando.
You’re the 1st light of my morning, you’re my sweet sunrise. You’re like fruit loops on the table, there’s no sleep in your eyes. Will it be tears or smiles as we start our day, will you go along with my plans?
Some may only see the handprints on the walls, the broken glass, this home is so small, my hands are so weak, the burden too great. I’ve never been so poor yet so rich at the same time. Your yelling and your tears and your throwing a fit is not too much for Jesus. If you smacked Him, bit Him and pulled His hair because you just didn’t understand, He’d never send you away. He’d come to find you because He knows you, He’ll show me too.
Thank you Lord for seeing beneath the surface of who we are. There’s so much more to you than meets the eye. Somewhere past the tearful timeouts, banging your head, the hitting and the spitting, there’s a brilliant mind and a beautiful soul waiting to be unlocked. I never thought I needed so much grace until there was you. But you can have some too. I love you sweet son of mine.
Someday up in heaven you’ll show me all around and go off on your own sometimes. No matter what you want to explore you’ll always be safe and unharmed. Then, whenever you’re ready I know you’d come back to me. But God just for awhile keep him safe by my side down here where dangers out number the hairs on my head and mercies are so few for to beg.
To Jesus it doesn't matter if it's your 3rd timeout today. He'd just knock on the door, we'll let Him in and then He'll put you on his shoulders and say, "Let's go splash in the water and fly through the sky. I can move the mountains for you. I know just what you're thinking. I made you to be exactly who you are right now. I'll never get tired of playing with you and doing what you like. I love you sweet child of mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment